A Bit Of Hand Quilting


My free motion machine quilting needs some polishing before I get brave enough to use it on a quilt, so I am finishing some of my small quilts up with some hand quilting with perle cotton. 

The biggest hassle is deciding on a quilting pattern and marking it on the quilt, I am about a third ps the way through this motif and I am already wishing I had used the Amish waves design instead. 
     

It's a small pinwheel quilt I made for Project Linus, from leftover Moda Oasis fabrics. It's quilting up quite quickly but I can hardly see the pencil markings, which is a pain. 

This is the back, so far...
                                
I'm really enjoying the stitching but couldn't find a thimble that was comfortable, so I am using some pieces of horse bandage, the rubberised crepe bandage that sticks to itself. It really works, though I may need to cut a new piece soon. 
   


No comments:

Post a Comment